Tuesday 12 October 2010

FILMING

Today I started filming as on the schedule; with the help of Ali Smart playing my Robot Girl character. I filmed her running past the gate of a church yard and up to the school. I chose to do this part first as they are quite short shots but actually make up a lot of the video; there needs to be a lot of shots of her running to create the sequence and keep the pace of the video flowing well alongside the pace of the music. I took a lot from the side angle keeping the directly shoteyeline with the robot girl to maintain the connection with the audience. It was very bright and sunny outside and I wanted to capture her running into the sunlight where there was a slight lens flare.

The props we used were the cardboard box, silver robot head; which was slightly annoying for Ali to run in, but we overcame this problem as she held it as she ran. The costume I asked her to wear was a black top, black tights and boots and a cute grey netting skirt. The reason I chose these particular items were that they aren't too over the top, the netting skirt adds femininity to her character against the quite rugged and boyish boots. The boots are very military style which combines with the idea that a robot is similarly very military in the way it moves and that it is programmed to do things. I also felt the masculinity was important to keep prominant in the genre as Indie is a very masculine dominated genre and we do not have the masculine presence of the band.

No comments:

Post a Comment